Commonwealth Assisted Living
Welcome home! Come join our team!
Commonwealth Assisted Living provides high-quality senior housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. While we've grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living and memory care in the state of Virginia, we have not lost our small town focus where resident satisfaction is our first priority.
We have locations across the state of Virginia and we are building our bench as we continue to grow. Please submit your resume and application and we’ll start growing your career with Commonwealth Assisted Living today! Come and join a culture like nothing you’ve ever experienced where “doing the right thing” isn’t just a saying, it’s our mantra!
The Resident Care Director is responsible for coordinating resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active for as long as possible. Assist the resident and his or her family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations, and other health related service agencies to provide care to the residents. This position may also be responsible for a Memory Care unit at a community. The Resident Care Director is responsible for practicing according to the State Board of Nursing within the scope of practice for his or her licensure and always in compliance with The State of Virginia Department of Social Services.
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all Federal and State policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model our core values with an interest in care.
- Ensure the completion of assessments on all residents twice per year, as required by State of Virginia licensing requirements.
- Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets, and state law.
- Oversees continuing education programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census.
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals
- Two years’ college in human services or heath care field required; RN or LVN/LPN preferred.
- Two to Five years’ experience providing resident care to the elderly, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- One year experience with resident assessment and care planning.
- Ability to perform calculations in support of personnel actions, budget, and other financial responsibilities.
- Understand and conceptualize complex concepts, as well as ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to show sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of the elderly and their families.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a personal computer, for the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high level of job performance.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields