The Resident Activity Program Director plans, supervises and monitors the “Sweet Memories” and Assisted Living programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents in order to ensure the residents remain as engaged, healthy and as active as possible. Assists the Resident Care Director in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. The Resident Activity Program Director is responsible for the activities program in the memory care neighborhood and assisted living.
- Designs a creative activity program based on company standards to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents. Plans seven-day per week activity calendar (s) that promotes resident participation in a structured environment; includes one to one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Work closely with the Resident Care Director on a daily basis to better serve the residents, family, visitors and staff in the community.
- Monitors the day-to-day operation of the Sweet Memories Neighborhood, i.e. resident ADLs, meals, cleanliness of the neighborhood, delivering of activities, charting and documentation
- Follow state-mandated Assisted Living Facility
- Participate in the delivery our CAL Signature Service Programs to Sweet Memories and Assisted Living residents.
- Assist and provide input in the completion and updating of UAIs, ISPs, and other assessments specific to the Sweet Memories Program
- Participate in Care Plan meetings and family meetings.
- Communicates to families regarding resident’s involvement in activity program.
- Assist as needed in the training and teaching of staff for the Sweet Memories Neighborhood and Assisted Living activity programs.
- Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of activity programs and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
- Participate in resident move-in processes in the “Sweet Memories” neighborhood and Assisted Living.
- Assists in touring and customer contact to maintain desired occupancy.
- Participates in coordinating special events at the community to include family nights and open houses
- Manages volunteer program, including training and supervising volunteers.
- Weekend coverage as assigned
- Be able to do any job in the facility upon request by the Executive Director
- Directly supervises any Activity Assistants in all duties and responsibilities to include interviewing, planning and, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Valid driver’ license
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years’ college in a heath care field or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body.
- One to Two years’ fulltime work experience, within the last five years, in an activities program in an adult care setting, or similarly related experience with specialized memory care programs.
- CPR and First Aid certification are required.
- Universal Assessment Instrument & Individual Service Plan certificates or willingness to obtain
- Must have a thorough knowledge of, social and psychological needs of residents.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be willing to perform non-professional duties.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields