The housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable environment in all areas of the community, as directed by the Maintenance Director, and in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the community.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions with established procedures as assigned.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean and polish any furnishings in hallways and, if applicable, in stairways and elevator.
- Clean resident rooms, to include vacuuming, mopping, dusting disinfecting, and sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning mirrors and pictures.
- Collect all trash from rooms, offices, lounges, and bathrooms daily.
- Clean walls, windows and baseboards by washing, wiping off, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Keep all windows, cabinets, doors, and mirrors smudge-free and clean.
- Assist in setting up dining room, activity room, and living room as necessary.
- Report any needed repairs to maintenance personnel or Administrator.
- Keep all housekeeping equipment, storage areas, janitor’s closets, and housekeeping carts clean and uncluttered, and free of any hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.
- Respond to residents’ needs as requested.
- Launder community linens as needed.
- Inform Maintenance Director of all supply needs in a timely manner.
- Report all accidents/ incidents to the Administrator on the day of occurrence, along with important resident observations.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are followed as closely as possible.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to ensure resident rights are protected; honor residents’ personal property rights.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- High school graduate or equivalent credentials preferred.
- Minimum of one year of housekeeping experience preferred.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields