The overall purpose of the Maintenance Director position is to plan, direct and control the overall maintenance of the community’s physical plant. This position must perform or oversee electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and other technical tasks, as well as ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal life-safety code regulations.
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative maintenance schedules.
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining schedules.
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of checking such items as roof, building façade, parking lots, grounds, signs, etc.
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all fire-fighting equipment according to time period and instruction required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee.
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor with documented evidence of varied skills and abilities.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance.
- Maintenance for a large residential community, hotel, hospitality, Assisted Living or similar industry experience desired.
- Must demonstrate skills in all phases of building and equipment maintenance, cleanliness and repairs.
- Skilled in the selection of personnel and management of staff to meet the needs of the entire community.
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a facility with a senior/ geriatric population a plus.
- A true customer service, friendly attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, Resident, management and families.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to be on call during emergency situations as the building operates 24 hours, 7 days per week.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields