The overall purpose of the Assistant Maintenance Director position is to work with the community's Maintenance Director on the overall maintenance of the community’s physical plant. This position must perform electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and other technical tasks, as well as ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal life-safety code regulations.
- Assist with the performance of all preventative maintenance schedules.
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the total property systems of checking such items as roof, building façade, parking lots, grounds, signs, etc.
- Assist with repair records on all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with respect to assigned priorities.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of all buildings and grounds, all security and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and local OSHA standards.
- Assist with the inspection of vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame
- Respond to maintenance emergencies as identified by the Maintenance Director.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with documented evidence of varied skills and abilities.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance.
- Maintenance for a large residential community, hotel, hospitality, Assisted Living or similar industry experience desired.
- Must demonstrate skills in all phases of building and equipment maintenance, cleanliness and repairs.
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a facility with a senior/ geriatric population a plus.
- A true customer service, friendly attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, Resident, management and families.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to be on call during emergency situations as the building operates 24 hours, 7 days per week as assigned by the Maintenance Director.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields