The Activity Assistant assists the Activity Director in leading and executing the Activities program for the community. The Activities program should encompass activities that require the use of all five senses for the residents. The Activity Assistant carries out a specific set of tasks to fulfill the mission of the Activities program. The Activity Assistant works closely with the Resident Care Director to document any changes in behavior or condition of the residents.
- Assists the Activity Director with planning, developing, and preparing a variety of exercise, social, recreational and educational events.
- Conducts all transportation as well as medical transportation for residents.
- Develops, writes, and circulates the community monthly and weekly newsletter.
- Assists with move-in process by providing information and guidance to new residents.
- Maintains knowledge of communities, services, and events in the area and incorporates into activity schedule as appropriate.
- Establishes a warm and welcoming atmosphere for residents and staff.
- Promotes teamwork and positive attitude among the staff and monitors/attends activities with other disciplines as necessary.
- Continually evaluates the quality and consistency of activities for residents and makes adjustments, corrections, and changes as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree, Activity Director Certification, or a four year degree; prefer a degree in Recreational Therapy.
- Experience in a senior housing environment strongly preferred.
- Two years’ experience in recreation preferred.
- Strong computer skills and general healthcare knowledge.
- Prefer CDL Driver’s License, or the ability/willingness to obtain CDL.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields