The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) possesses a sincere passion for working with seniors, as well as have demonstrated knowledge of care giving in a senior living community. This position assumes responsibility for resident care and services including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. A primary responsibility of this position is to routinely monitor the resident’s comfort and respond to periodic needs.
- Provide direct nursing care to residents and contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the Resident Care Director immediately. May participate in routine activities of resident’s care activities, including daily living and basic nursing procedures.
- Assisting residents with lifts, moves and transports, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responds to inquiries relating to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel promptly and courteously within given time frames and established policy.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors promoting a homelike environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials. Also providing care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses a minimum of one year experience in a Certified Nursing Assistant role for an Assisted Living, Independent Living, Skilled Nursing Facility or Memory Care community.
- Experience completing daily shift reports and communicating directly to the next shift any urgent needs.
- Prior responsibility for daily documentation in resident records including task sheets and demonstrated ability to manage assigned tasks within the scheduled shift
- The ability to meet the physical and emotional needs of the resident.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields