Reporting to the Site Manager or designate, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Social Worker works in a professional manner with all disciplines to ensure that individual, holistic care is provided to program participants. The Social Worker assists the participants and families in their understanding of the social, economic and emotional factors related to admission and discharges with The Good Samaritan Society. The Social Worker consults with other members of the health care team, and facilitates the use of community resources to meet participant needs.
- Assess participant needs and fit.
- Provide counselling services to participants and/or families.
- Liaise with appropriate community and government agencies.
- Information gathering and assessment of socio-economic environment.
- Coordinate participant's initial visit to the site.
- Participate on interdisciplinary team to ensure participant needs are met.
- Baccalaureate of Social Work.
- Actively registered to practice as a Social Worker
- Valid Commissioner of Oath Registration
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working with the elderly.
- Excellent English communication skills required.
- MDS experience an asset
All new employees are required to submit:
- a satisfactory Criminal Record Check that has been obtained no more than 90 days prior to the hire date;
- a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields