The DLA works to full Scope of Practice and provides direct personal services to clients.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Meeting client personal needs according to an individualized plan of service
- Documenting according to facility policy and communicating pertinent and relevant information
- Assisting with planning and implementation of client recreation and leisure activities
- Completing domestic functions for clients according to the service plan
- Completing all duties in a way which is consistent with Shannex’s Philosophy of Service: Your life. Your choice. Your home.
- High School/GED completion
- Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) Course or Personal Support Worker
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification
- U-First training
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to communicate effectively and read & write the English language
- Ability to assess and appropriately prioritize multiple work assignments while displaying a high level of professionalism and commitment to quality service.
The following would be considered assets:
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long Term Care environment;
- fst/Food Handlers Course
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Care Course
- Palliative Care Course
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields