Cook - Full Time Permanent
Located at Parkland at the Lakes – Kinross Hall, our Cooks are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within Shannex. Reporting to the Executive Chef as a part of the Culinary Team, the Cook 1 is responsible for planning & preparing meals for clients residing in all service lines including: Lifestyle, Traditional, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. The Cook is also responsible for the receiving and inventory of food supplies as well as ensuring safety and sanitation standards are met.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards. Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners etc).
- Familiar with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation (inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required).
- Assists with the process for checking and receiving of deliveries and inventory control. Ensures all supplies are stored, labelled, and rotated properly.
- Completes department audit activities as required.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required.
- Ensures that dress code and appearance are in compliance with the facility policy.
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Reports areas and equipment in need of repair to the maintenance department.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
- Communicates effectively with all facility teams. Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience.
- Red Seal Journeyman qualification considered an asset.
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification.
- Previous experience working in a long-term care environment also considered an asset.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields