As the successful candidate you will have experience with managing and maintaining commercial building systems and facilities as well as supervision of maintenance and housekeeping operations. In addition, you have a demonstrated ability to achieve desired results that support the organizations goals while promoting a culture of safety by consistently working in a safe manner and expecting the same from your team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the preventive maintenance program including determining immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work.
- Performing regular inspections of the physical appearance and integrity of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Leading and developing maintenance and housekeeping employees including planning, organizing, and assigning work orders and providing regular feedback and guidance.
- Overseeing the subcontract process including determining when subcontractor services are required, sourcing and selecting subcontractors, and monitoring completion and quality of onsite work.
- Ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the building by issuing and tracking work orders, monitoring costs, and operating within the building budget.
- Providing leadership and education to staff and clients in occupational and client health, safety and security programs.
- Ensuring a high level of client satisfaction is maintained through regular client contact and proactive attention to client requests.
- Continuous improvement of facility operations.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this role. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the successful candidate.
- Ideally you will have a degree or designation related to facility operation and maintenance. You will also have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with commercial or residential building systems and facilities.
- You must have experience managing facilities, operational resources, budgets, and staff while promoting a culture of safety by consistently working in a safe manner and expecting the same from your team.
In addition, you will have:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of building systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, heating plants, etc.) and experience in related repairs.
- Hands on work experience in at least one of the following: plumbing, electrical, heating plants, HVAC, or carpentry.
- Current knowledge of provincial, federal, OHS and other safety codes and regulations.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and evaluate team members through honest and open communication;
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively handle interactions with clients of all ages.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, if required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Maintenance Tracking software such as Asset Planner;
- Experience working with seniors in a retirement living or long term care environment.
- Bilingualism in both French and English.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields