As the successful candidate you will provide direct personal care to our clients in accordance with their individual care plans, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards within Enhanced Care and Retirement Living facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course.
- Nursing/LPN student currently enrolled in a program will also be considered.
- Palliative Care Certification.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems.
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer and other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays is required.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields