Reporting to the Food Services Manger and/or designate, the food services worker will work an equal combination of both ‘Kitchen’ shifts and ‘Server’ shifts. Generally, staff will be responsible for the daily preparation and delivery of meals from a designated menu, maintenance of a safe and sanitary workplace for staff, a safe and sanitary dining area for tenants, and inventory control.
Include but not limited to;
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and presentation of menu items.
- Practices and maintains cleanliness and sanitation according to required standards set by the Health Department and facility. Also ensures the proper preparation, delivery and storage of food to ensure safety of tenants, guests and the public.
- Assists the Support Services Coordinator in the organization and evaluation of Food Services to ensure a high standard of Food Services.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among management, staff, residents, and the public.
- Responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, and special events etc. through table/tray presentation; delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites; preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments.
- Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including clean up and setting of tables and the cleaning of the preparation and service areas; scrapes and stacks/racks dishes and when required returns them to storage.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- From time to time and in unusual circumstances the employee may be asked to perform other related duties.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- “Food Safe” Certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with cooking, kitchen equipment and machines.
- One year of experience in hotels, restaurants, institutions or equivalent.
- Free of allergies or conditions which may be aggravated by the work environment.
- Must have a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An aptitude toward detail and creativity.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious relationship with all levels of personnel and residents.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well in written and oral English.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience when working with staff and residents.
- Good physical and emotional health; capabilities compatible with walking, stooping, bending, lifting heavy objects and pushing heavy carts.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields