The Chef is accountable for optimal foods services, food production, plate presentation and the hospitality needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- This non-union position reports to the Dietary Manager
- Prepare and cook high quality meals, follow therapeutic and textured diets, using standardized menu/recipes and production sheets daily
- Assist in the planning and managing of catering functions
- Complete food orders and manage inventory on going
- Responsibilities include planning, supervising, and coordinatingactivities necessary for the daily management of the dietary department
- Follows daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Key qualifications (but not limited to):
- Chef training or culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience as a cook in the Food Service Industry.
- Red Seal Designation.
- Must have experience in large quantity menu planning, food preparation and presentation, preferably in health care or long term care setting.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields