The Food & Beverage Manager is accountable to manage all aspects of the food and beverage department through effective planning, direction and control, to meet the nutritional needs of the residents in accordance with legislative requirements and the organization standards.
Key responsabilities (but not limited to):
- Plans, co-ordinates, directs, and monitors the effectiveness of all food and beverage activities in the residence to meet the organization and Hospitality Style Dining Service expectations.
- Develops and conducts in-service programs and ensures all staff is trained in safe food handling techniques.
- Recruits, supervises, coaches and mentors departmental employees.
- Oversees all expenditures to ensure the department operates within budgetary guidelines and takes action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget.
- Acts in a leadership capacity to foster good working relationships with relevant persons within Public Health.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications (but not limited to):
- Must hold a diploma in Food and Beverage Management/Hospitality Management from a recognized college. Red Seal designation is required.
- Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- A minimum of 3 years management experience in hospitality or Retirement home sector preferred.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources.
- Must express initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields