The Dietary Aide is accountable to support all aspects of optimal food service to meet the needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Follows proper food handling techniques. Dates, labels, and stores food properly. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties. Maintains cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
- Assists in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
- Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
- Assists in serving meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
- Setting and clearing tables in the dining rooms and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, serveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications (but not limited to):
- Must have completed or be enrolled in a Food Service Worker program from a recognized college as defined by the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, or a registered private career college in Ontario.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
- Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields