A day in the life of a Resident Care Partner (Personal Support Worker)
As the Resident Care Partner you are responsible for assisting residents with activities of daily living, including personal, physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and recreational needs.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Personal Support Worker program
- Level 1 First Aid, CPR / AED Certificate.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services required.
What we are looking for:
- Good oral and verbal communication skills – English is essential.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual and is aware of his/her need for self-respect and privacy, and the right to share in decisions about his/her care.
- Is capable of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Positive public relation skills, including the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with residents and families.
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and to respond efficiently and effectively to unexpected workload and situations.
- Demonstrates ability to operate related equipment.
Position Vacant Until Filled