The Registered Nurse is accountable for the assessment and planning of resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Provides for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, and resident plan of care within the scope of practice.
- Utilizes sound nursing practice principles to ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care on the assigned home area(s).
- Conducts ongoing communication with families to inform them of changes in resident health status.
- Provides direction and guidance to team members and acts as a resource person in areas of specialization, and provides follow-up and support for educational programs offered.
- Identifies priorities, target dates and strategies and interventions in order to contribute to the individualized care plan that achieves the best possible outcomes for each resident.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing (BScN), Bachelor of Nursing (BN), or equivalent.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of two years related clinical experience.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields