Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of the food and beverage operation to meet the nutritional needs of our residents, with a fine dining approach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to menu-planning, budget and inventory control, hiring, training, evaluating and scheduling employees, liaison with external suppliers, and other duties as assigned.
- Customer focused approach to everyday practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with team members, managers, external providers and suppliers
- Adherence to Company, legislative and regulatory requirements.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
- Completion of a two-year community college Food Service Supervisor course or equivalent, along with a Red Seal designation (mandatory)
- Skilled at large quantity food preparation with a focus on fresh ingredients
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to coach, engage and supervise employees
- Computer proficiency, budget control, and inventory management
- Sound knowledge of Retirement Homes Act, 2010, Public Health and Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are essential.
Physical job requirements:
- Standing and walking for periods of more than 4 hours per day
- Bending, crouching, reaching on a frequent basis
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures
We offer a comprehensive wage and benefit package, an employee recognition program, a vibrant, safe work environment and much more! If you want to be a part of the Vibe, apply today!
Please note: the successful candidate must provide proof of a satisfactory, current criminal record check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please be advised that in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process, and for other candidate selection methods.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields