You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON's responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
Palliative experience is an asset.
The successful candidate will be available to work every other weekend.
Please note that nurses hired within the London/Middlesex-Elgin site must be willing to support all geographic areas where required, based upon business needs.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario; B.Sc.N. preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- 2 to 5 years of clinical experience in a community setting
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields