Reporting to the Dietary Manager, this position will be following established policies, procedures and standards, preparing and servings food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleaning production area and equipment.
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets. Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Manger, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Cook certificate of qualification in the trade of Cook or Institutional Cook by the Registrar of the College under the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009 or has as a Chef training or Culinary Management diploma, that was issued by a college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002
- Considerable experience in institutional large quantity cooking
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields