SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a valued member of the team, the Retirement Counsellor (RC) demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission. The RC is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Maintains or achieves budgeted and/or full occupancy at all times;
- Develops annual marketing plan and is responsible for implementation, evaluation, and revisions based on changes in the marketplace and competitive intelligence;
- Holds primary responsibility for all sales functions including; lead management, documentation, reporting, touring/retouring and follow up;
- Remains up to date with changing industry standards and trends/services and knows local competition;
- Completes a competitive analysis bi-annually and makes recommendation for accommodation rates and service changes based on this information;
- Provides hands-on support and planning for open houses and special events;
- Works collaboratively with all departments to ensure smooth new resident admission, promotional events, and creative follow up requests;
- Assists in the development of the marketing budget including all advertising and promotional costs; reviews advertising plan with the management team on at least a quarterly basis, making adjustments as needed;
- Ensures that all expenditures are tracked and reconciled with approved marketing budget.
In addition to performance of the aforementioned responsibilities, the RC may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the site General Manager, based upon the particular requirements of the site. These may include (but are not limited to):
- Holds primary responsibility for and collaborates with the Office Manager on all new resident move-in;
- Provides team members training for marketing, tours and customer service and directly supports the reception team members in this regard;
- Ensures that residence and model suites are “tour ready” at all times – liaises with Environmental Manager and General Manager to address any deficiencies;
- Works collaboratively with all department managers to maximize the success of marketing and sales events and ensuring that all aspects of the community are ready for new residents moving in.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The RC will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the role, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must present a professional image to the public at all times and be able to represent/promote the residence at outside business meetings, community events, etc.;
- Must have excellent customer service skills and knowledge and be able to teach others;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written skills;
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve goals;
- Must have computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word) internet and email applications;
- Must be able to multi-task on several projects at once with excellent time management skills;
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
- Must be able to adjust personal schedule to accommodate tours and events on weekends and evenings;
- Must be a self-starter and possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm, humor and flexibility and enjoy working with seniors and disabled persons;
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields