The Recreation Assistant assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs to meet the various physical, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual and leisure interests and needs of the resident.
- Participates in the development and revision of departmental procedures and programs under the guidance of the Lifestyle Consultant.
- Sets up the activity area as necessary and assists in transporting residents to and from programs, if required.
- Assists in monitoring the residents' interests, needs and progress.
- Maintains program and resident records according to departmental policies.
- Regularly reports participation and feedback by residents to the Lifestyle Consultant.
- Promotes social interaction among residents in the following ways:
- Assumes leadership of assigned activities or special events.
- Assists new residents with orientation to the building and to the recreation program, and introduces them to the others within the residence.
- Promotes conversation and social interaction among residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Certificate in recreation/leisure studies or equivalent.
- Experience in working with seniors including an understanding of motivation concepts with seniors.
- Understanding of leisure principles.
- Computer proficiency is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license (Class F if you drive a bus).
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields