The Assistant Cook is accountable for optimal foods services, food production, plate presentation and the hospitality needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Preparing food in accordance with the regular and therapeutic menu, the standardized recipes for the home and meets time requirements for meal times.
- Assisting in serving meals following residents’ diets using appropriate serving utensils and portion sizes to residents (by name of resident).
- Quality control of menu products such as tasting samples, labelling and keeping daily samples for testing for seven (7) days, monitor and discard samples in accordance with the organization policies and procedures.
- Communicates and consults with the Director of Dietary Services regarding any menu substitutions if necessary and records and reports appropriately.
- Ensures use of proper and safe food handling techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Chef training or culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience as a cook in the Food Service Industry.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable with respect to the nutritional and other appropriate
- needs of geriatric residents.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields