DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- The activity aide will develop, implements and evaluate diversified programs and services to meet the physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual needs of all residents.
- Identifying and assessing the residents needs to develop fulfilling activities
- Sets up and cleans the activity area as necessary and assists with transporting residents to and from programs.
- Participates in care conferences and other committees as required to assist in assessing needs of residents. Attends in-service education programs.
- Meets with residents within 24 hours of admission to discuss available programs and services. Staff will provide the resident with an activity calendar and tour as appropriate.
- Encouraging resident participation in programs and providing one to one support to residents.
- Maintains program and resident records by using Activity Pro and PCC as well as completing RAI/MDS assessments.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality improvement, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Resident Program Manager.
- Proof of successful completion of a degree or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or Leisure studies, Gerontology, Activation, Kinesiology, or other related field from College/University.
- Successful completion of Restorative Care Education Training (RCET certificate) an asset
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Current CPR and Emergency First Aide & Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and VSS if hired
- Must be able to work flex hours including some evenings, weekend and holidays.
- Ability to read and write English well enough to understand complex verbal and written instructions and complete written documentation required.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields