What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Administrator, the Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for providing accounts receivable functions to Bethany Riverview. This position requires the use of excellent interpersonal and communication skills in liaising with staff, residents, families and external stakeholders. Attention to detail and accuracy is required in all work.
Individual responsibilities will fall under the following areas of focus:
Service Excellence – Promotes service excellence through assisting residents, families, and Interdisciplinary Team members in meeting the needs of residents
- Prepares and maintains accurate financial records, billing contact information, forms, and policies
- Ensures accounts are billed appropriately according to the services provided
- Creates monthly billing statements and confirms billing amounts are correct.
- Prepares, edits, and creates PAPP file for transmission
- Processes resident payments, deposits to trust funds, and reconciliation of cash deposits from departments.
- Sets up new admissions in the required database and ensures the financial processes of admission are conducted in accordance with policies and procedures
- Supports the dispersal of appropriate expense and tax receipts for residents and families
- Provides support and backup for reception, scheduling and other groups as necessary
Leadership: Contributes ideas and supports the decisions and processes developed by the team
Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists other employees to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care.
Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times
What You Bring:
- Accounting Diploma, Office Administration Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience
- Previous experience with Long Term Care is preferred
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields