What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence through ensuring that staff scheduling is completed in an efficient and accurate manner. Responds to employee inquiries in an efficient, timely and service excellence focused manner. Allocates and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absences, and sick leaves in accordance with the applicable collective agreements; distributes relief staff scheduling to nursing units.
- Documentation: Accurate, comprehensive and timely documentation of staff scheduling in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures. Ensures that staff scheduling information is forwarded to payroll within the established timelines. Receives and processes requests such as vacation, leaves of absences, and terminations. Ensures that all appropriate authorization for each transaction is attained prior to processing.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Collaborates, communicates and shares knowledge and learning experiences with co-workers.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists other employees to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Maintains effective communication, information flow and rapport between Scheduling Office, Departments, Business Office, Payroll, and Human Resources.
What You Bring
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ of electronic scheduling experience, preferable in health care
- Previous experience with geriatrics preferred
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills
- An understanding of pay/premium codes and their impact on payroll, finance, budgets and benefits
- Experience using and complying with a variety of union agreements
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields