- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Prepares breakfast and lunch food following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion-controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Manager and Cook I, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times.
- Arranges for replacement staff in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
- Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks.
- Cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered and proper operation of kitchen equipment. Alerts Supervisor of problems and recommends corrective action.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned.
- Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Chef training, Institutional Cook Diploma or Culinary Management Diploma from an accredited learning institution.
- Experience cooking in large quantity, institutional environment.
- Ability to work safely following established safety practices and procedures.
- Excellent English communication skills with the ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields