About the Role
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Occupational/Recreation Therapy Assistant is accountable for providing opportunities for the residents to realize their maximum potential.
What You Will Do:
The Occupational/Recreation Therapy Assistant provides services responsive to the holistic needs of the residents and promotes choice while maintaining dignity and facilitating independence.
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident Centered Care: Promotes service excellence through active participation with the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain quality resident care within the scope of Occupational/Recreation Therapy as directed by the Therapist.
- Documentation: Accurate, comprehensive and timely documentation of resident care interventions and outcomes in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care.
What You Bring:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Rehabilitation Assistant Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year Occupational/Recreation experience in an Therapy setting.
- A working knowledge of a variety of Occupational/Recreation program modalities required.
- Prior related experience with dementia or long term care residents preferred.
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
- Demonstrate ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English.
- Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate simple tools to maintain or fix equipment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields