The Registered Practical Nurse is accountable for the provision of optimum care services related to resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards
- Provides for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of a RPN.
- Creates a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, autonomy, independence and individuality and maintenance of personal lifestyle and values.
- Fostering an atmosphere that is conducive to the provision of optimal care, and the effective functioning of the assigned Resident Home Area through collaboration with other team members, monitoring resident care, communicating with residents and family members, and providing guidance to Personal Support Workers/Unregulated staff assigned to the care unit.
- Liaises with medical staff, nurse specialists, consultants and supports effective clinical care for all residents.
- Demonstrates professional working knowledge of all equipment used in the delivery of nursing care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing.
- Current registration as Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
- Minimum one year experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care as a Registered Practical Nurse is preferred.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields