The Cook is accountable for optimal foods services, food production, plate presentation and the hospitality needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Preparing food in accordance with the regular and therapeutic menu, the standardized recipes for the home and meets time requirements for meal times.
- Assisting in serving meals following residents’ diets using appropriate serving utensils and portion sizes to residents (by name of resident).
- Follows daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget.
- Completes all necessary documentation (food and refrigeration temperatures, dish machine temperatures if applicable, menu changes) as assigned.
- Ensures use of proper and safe food handling techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Chef training or culinary management diploma from a program that meets the standard established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience as a cook in the Food Service Industry.
- Red Seal Designation preferred.
- Must have experience in large quantity menu planning, food preparation and presentation, preferably in health care or long term care setting.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields