The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is accountable for the provision of optimum care services based on legislative requirements and the organization standards, policies and procedures and assumes responsibility for oversight of the guest attendants. This role may also assist with dining service, recreation program support and common area housekeeping in varying locations.
- Maintain accountability for the nursing and personal care of residents within the scope of training and license.
- Administers medications as prescribed in accordance with pharmacy policies & procedures and observes changes in condition and reports them to the Director of Wellness.
- Facilitates problem solving of resident / family concerns or complaints that arise and ensures complaints are communicated to the Director of Wellness / General Manager.
- Oversees the Guest Attendants to ensure that care assignments are completed and that changes in residents needs are reported to the Director of Wellness.
- Monitors team member compliance with the policy on monitoring resident well-being and ensures follow-up is completed as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess a current registration with the provincial licensed nursing college.
- Possess prior experience in gerontology / working with seniors in community or Retirement setting.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of medication administration practices through completion of an approved pharmacology course in accordance with professional standards.
- Be skilled in planning and supervising the work of other personnel.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification; smart serve and food handling certificate an asset.