The Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for consistently engaging residents in familiar routines of daily living through personalized Life Skills that 'Create Pleasant Days' for residents. Life Skills are familiar tasks that residents enjoyed doing in the past that can still bring a sense of success, meaning and purpose in the present. The Life Enrichment Manager is responsible for designing Life Skills to reflect each resident's past interests and for providing them with encouragement, prompts and hands on assistance.
- Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life Skill.
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs and abilities.
- Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and evening.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming supplies.
- As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired seniors.
- High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state regulations.
- Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each resident.
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities .
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident's best interest.
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields