- Maintains constant surveillance of swimming classes in the facility and acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
- Provides emergency care and first aid treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Ensures that members and other staff adhere to pool conduct guidelines and maintains order in his/her designated area(s) as a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident prevention.
- Provides instructional swimming lessons to various age groups following established curriculum
- Plans, organizes and implements core lesson plans/daily lesson plans, progress reports and evaluations
- Maintains accurate, up to date progress sheets and records for participants; keeps Daily Log up to date and accurate.
- Sets up and takes down recreational, program and other equipment as required – at the same time checking that equipment is safe and in good repair (reporting immediately all malfunctions and removing the damaged equipment immediately from circulation)
- Completes a safety check of lifesaving equipment prior to each shift. Assist staff team in pool/equipment maintenance duties
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lifeguarding Certification – National Lifeguard Service (NLS)
- Standard First Aid (SFA) Certification With CPR Level C and AED
- Aquafit Certification, considered an asset
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor Certification required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification, accepted
- One to three years of previous experience in lifeguarding and swim instruction
- Experience as a Lifesaving Society Instructor teaching Star Patrol and Bronze Medal Program.
- Experience working with children, adults and parent/tot programs
- Advanced Instructor and Examiner Clinic, considered an asset
- Other Advanced Leadership Certification i.e. NLS Instructor, Instructor Training, considered an asset
- Must be mature, reliable, responsible and a team player
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members and staff
- Excellent written communication skills
- A police reference check for the vulnerable sector, not older than 6 months will be required
- Knowledge of Italian language and/or Italian Canadian community, an asset
WORKING HOURS: Variable hours, Monday through Sunday (including early morning opening shifts, days, evenings and weekends)
REMUNERATION: The Colombus Centre offers a competitive salary, including a complementary gym membership (upon successful completion of candidates probationary period).
Lifeguards $16.00 per hour. Swim Instructors $18.00 per hour.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields