- Cultivating and expanding upon the wide range of cultural community partnerships by actively engaging associations, organizations, government bodies and individuals in mutually beneficial collaborations.
- Planning and implementing an outreach strategy primarily focus on the Italian Canadian community, but could also include other cultural groups who share a common bond
- Maintaining and growing the network of artists, performers and academics for the purpose of developing a relevant, interesting, and successful programming schedule.
- Planning and executing Italian and non- Italian language programs.
- Providing support to special cultural community projects.
- Collaborating with all other internal Departments to deliver culturally sensitive content to the projects and events organized by VCI.
- Supporting the department with visual art exhibitions and other cultural initiatives carried out in the J.D. Carrier Art Gallery.
- Managing all activities related to the “Artists in Residence Program”, a Villa Charities initiative aimed at supporting and promoting young Italian Canadian creative talent.
- Maintaining local, regional and national connections in the cultural industry and ItalianCanadian community.
- Visual arts programming and exhibitions in the public realm, including public art; Long term performing arts development plans; Developing connections to other ethno-cultural communities
- Ensuring fiscal accountability of the programs.
- Manage all program specific volunteers
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- A degree (BA, MBA, MA, MPA) in a related humanities field with at least 5 years of experience.
- Progressively responsible experience across a breadth of areas in the area of arts and cultural management including staff and volunteer management, program and organizational development, project management and event planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, both written and oral, skills in English. Fluent, both oral and written, in Italian will be an asset.
- Experience in Cultural community programming, and outreach experience.
- Organizational and community development, including not for profit experience
- Ability and willingness to work outside of standard office hours (evenings and weekends as required).
- Experience in event planning and execution.
- Experience with handling and installing artworks and developing exhibitions.
- Robust understanding of budget management.
- Attention to detail with a passion for producing high quality work.
- Requires satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields