- To assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the facility residents in collaboration with the Recreation Manager and Executive Director;
- To assist with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing anticipated individual participation and charting;
- To maintain effective communication and good relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and staff in other departments;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- To participate in team meetings to plan programs with the resident's interests in mind;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To assist residents with care requirements (walkers / wheelchairs, etc.) while entering and exiting the Residence vehicle;
- To transport residents in the facility vehicle to various scheduled locations, outings and events;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- A community college recreation diploma preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly
- Ability to demonstrate tact, empathy and patience by establishing and maintaining harmonious relationships with residents
- Must be able to communicate in written and verbal form and maintain an acceptable standard of behaviour and appearance
- Good computer skills are considered an asset
- Must possess a valid and applicable class of drivers license, with a clean driving record; ON - Class F ; MB AB BC – Class 4
- Will have proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Enjoys working closely with team members and has a strong desire to provide our residents with a better quality of life.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields