As a Prep Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Preparing food and ingredients following standardized recipes.
- Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities under the direct guidance of a Cook or Chef.
- Receiving, checking and storing food and supply deliveries in accordance with food safety standards, Health and Safety standards and prescribed practices.
- Monitoring quality and quantity of food supplies received and advising the Cook or Chef on duty of problems.
- Reporting food, supply, and equipment needs to the Cook or Chef.
- Assisting with the delivery, set-up and removal of food for special events, buffets and catered functions.
- Completing assigned cleaning tasks according to instructions and cleaning schedules.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Minimum one year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special.
- Event preparation in the Hospitality or Retirement Residences industry.
- Must have a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate.
- Must possess good public relations and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for the majority of the shift.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
- Smart Serve Certificate is an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields