- Recent Safe Food Handlers certificate issued by Public Health
- Previous dining room server or dining room management experience, preferably in a retirement residence
- Familiar with Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), WHMIS, Health and Safety and Sanitation Code
- Work as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organizational skills, creativity and high motivation.
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Ability to lift heavy objects and stand and walk short distances throughout the shift. Ability to tolerate heat from kitchen area.
- Provide direction and on-site service training to departmental staff
- Overall operation of the dining room
- Significant patience and tact is required in dealing with Residents and family requests.
- Co-ordinate dining room and catering services with other departments as required.
- Establish, implement and enforce dining room policies and procedures with the approval of the Chef Manager and General Manager.
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities of the dining room operations to ensure the provision of a high standard of quality service to Residents and guests.
- Creating and updating server schedule; working with Chef to optimize labour costs while providing and maintaining excellent service standards.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of supplies (china, table linens, etc.) necessary for the efficient operation of the dining room according to the facility's standards.
- Instruct the dining room staff in the proper use of equipment, cleaning supplies and cleaning techniques in the dining room.
- Maintain excellent deportment of service staff including, but not limited to uniforms, interactions with residents and guests, organization and productivity.
- Maintain and update dietary status of all residents, observing which are signed out, on isolation, in hospital, etc.
- Maintain accurate seating charts for dining rooms and update as needed.
- Working with the Chef, responsible for training and development of new service staff as well as other staff that impact the dietary dept.
- Create and continually evaluate shift routines and cleaning schedules for all service staff.
- Overall cleanliness and organization of dining rooms and satellite kitchens.
- Working to ensure proper staff coverage for employee absences
- Assist in planning and preparation of special events and private functions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields