As a Medication Care Partner your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Administers medication according to relevant legislative requirements and policies and procedures.
- Reviews residents’ Support Plans and provides assistance where indicated, with all required activities of daily living, including but not limited to, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, mobility, continence management, collecting and washing laundry, sorting and storing clean laundry.
- Monitors and documents residents’ vitals, weights, behavior, mobility, safety, involvement in activities as indicated on the Personalized Support Plan or any other changes and reports to appropriate Team Members.
- Escorts residents to social activity programs, appointments, dining room, etc.
- Promptly answers nursing call systems.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and completion of an accredited Personal Support Worker program that meets legislative standards.
- Medication Administration certification.
- First Aid and CPR certified as well as experience with medication administration.
- Six hundred (600) hours of related experience, including both class time and practical experience, preferably with clinical experience in a geriatric setting.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Courses in gerontology, aging or dementia are an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields