The Registered Practical Nurse is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Registered Practical Nurse your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Maintaining accountability for the nursing and personal care of residents within the scope of training and licensure.
- Administering medications as prescribed in accordance with pharmacy policies & procedures and observes changes in condition and reports them to the Director of Wellness.
- Facilitating problem solving of resident / family concerns or complaints that arise and ensures complaints are communicated to the Director of Wellness / General Manager.
- Overseeing the Guest Attendants to ensure that care assignments are completed and that changes in residents’ needs are reported to the Director of Wellness.
- Monitoring team member compliance with the policy on monitoring resident well-being and ensures follow-up is completed as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Possess a current registration with the provincial licensed nursing college.
- Possess prior experience in gerontology / working with seniors in community or Retirement setting.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of medication administration practices through completion of an approved pharmacology course in accordance with professional standards.
- Be skilled in planning and supervising the work of other personnel.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Smart serve and food handling certificate an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields