- The goal of Carefor’s Allied Health team is to enhance client outcomes through the effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
- As part of an interdisciplinary health care team, you will be responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community.
- As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a flexible, 75-hour bi-weekly, schedule at a competitive salary. Carefor offers its full-time employees a company paid benefits plan, as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
- Assess and treat clients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions
- Test and measure the functioning of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary and cardiovascular systems
- Establish a clinical diagnosis and care plan for the treatment of physical problems
- Measure client’s/family’s progress towards goal achievement using objective measures
- Provide client, family or support personnel with education and training to maximize physical abilities
- Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to educate clients and families
- Identify and utilize appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manage these responsibly
- Refer client/family to appropriate levels and type of care and community resources as needed
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle.
- 2-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in community health an asset
- Bilingualism is Preferred (French/English)
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields