What You Will Do:
Collaborate – Work with the Executive Director, residents and staff to develop engaging recreation programs that meet the needs of the residents.
Manage – Effectively manage staff and volunteers within approved budgets.
Roll-up your sleeves – To facilitate and provide opportunities for meaningful recreational programs.
Comply – Ensure policies, procedures, processes and systems are in place and being monitored.
Cultivate –To promote Resident autonomy, independence and advocacy, including Residents’ rights and a culture of non-abuse. Promoting resident’s council and attending meetings as required.
Create – Create a newsletter and recreation calendar to promote programs and engage residents.
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the field of recreation/activation, therapeutic recreation, wellness, gerontology, kinesiology or a related field
- Certifications or training in gerontology, senior's fitness, Dementia/Alzheimer's, wellness interventions, SmartServe, Food Handling and volunteer management are considered an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in recreation and one (1) year of leadership experience working with mature adults and seniors in a related setting
- Previous experience working with seniors or in an adult wellness program
- Knowledge of community resources, service development
- Current F Class/Class 4 license or ability to obtain
- Current certification in CPR/first aid
- Better than average computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Business management background and skills
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing staff and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills to respectfully and compassionately work with older adults and their families
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields