Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate activities and exercise programs.
- Assist in the planning of recreational activities relating to emotional, physical, intellectual, spiritual and social needs.
- Encourage residents to participate and engage in programming.
- Strive to maintain a fun, friendly, inclusive and caring atmosphere.
- Drive the residence bus for outings.
- Effectively interact with multiple internal/external stakeholders, including the public, and manage stressful situations with empathy and respect.
- Understands and practices the principles of excellent customer service.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with people who my have physical disabilities or cognitive impairments.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education in recreation/leisure program at a College level of certification and/or previous related experience.
- Fitness Certification (e.g. Can-Fit Pro) preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license (F) and Smart Serve are considered assets.
- Fit to lead exercise class, push wheelchairs, carry equipment and move basic furniture such as chairs.
- Able to handle stressful situations with empathy, demonstrate respect for others using tact, courtesy and diplomacy.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds; push or pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields