As a Housekeeper at V!VA Mississauga Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on cleanliness throughout the community for the enjoyment of our Community Members and guests. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency situations. You will be able to initiate procedures found in the approved Fire Plan and Emergency Plan if needed ensuring the Community Members safety at all times. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Services Manager to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Services Manager to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) as outlined for housekeeping department
- Cleans floors, dry mops, wet mops. Sweeps, disinfects where and when necessary
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents occur
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required, changes slip covers, doilies etc when soiled. Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, etc
- Empties and cleans ashtrays, waste baskets (including relining). Disposes of garbage
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed, Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to their supervisor.
- Cleans bathrooms (private, public, staff). Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures in suites upon move-out and prepares for new occupant.
- Washes, folds, irons and delivers laundry as required
- Ensures that effective Infection Control protocols are in place and followed at all times. Increasing protocols when needed ie outbreak
- Performs supervisory duties in the event of fire or emergency during the overnight hours
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lb
- Able to use commercial laundry and cleaning equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends (overnight shift is from 11:45pm - 7:45am)
- Experience in housekeeping duties an asset
- vailable for call-ins
- Some experience with seniors is desired
- Knowledge in MS office (outlook, word, excel)
- Up to date police check-vulnerable sector * verified annually
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields