A day in the life of a Life Enrichment Assitant:
You will be responsible for assisting with the Activity Programs in the Community. You will take a hands-on approach in the development and facilitation of dynamic opportunities and experiences that add value and enrich the lives of our community members.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- A degree/diploma in Gerontology,, Therapeutic Recreation, Leisure Studies, Activation, Recreation, Sociology or Psychology or a related discipline (ie. Personal Training, Group Fitness Instructor etc).
- Education and/or experience in geriatric programming in a related setting.
- Knowledge of the effects of exercise on age related changes; able to develop and implement exercise programs.
- Knowledge of adaptations and modifications to programming to benefit individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory impairments.
- Current certificate in CPR and First Aid.
- Experience working directly with seniors.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting, portering, and leading multiple fitness programs throughout the day.
- Valid driver’s license and/or special class license (or willingness and ability to obtain).
- Experience and passion for creating innovative programs that promote active living.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently execute responsibilities in a caring and supportive manner.
- Interest and desire to work with mature adults to promote healthy lifestyle choices and independence.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Word, Publisher, Excel and the Internet.
Position Vacant Until Filled
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields