Candidates are invited to apply for the Temporary Part Time position (28 hrs bi-weekly + on call) of Dietary Aide in our 175-bed long-term care facility located in Oshawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, serving areas and equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous dietary experience preferred
- Applicants must have a Food Service Worker Certificate, or be enrolled in the FSW program. Applicants must also have a Food Handler’s Safety Certificate.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields