VON is seeking the support of an experienced Executive Assistant with a passion for our mission and a strong interest in Marketing, Communications and Philanthropy. This is a new role in the department, and the incumbent will have an opportunity to shape the job to improve the communication and work flow of the department.
The Executive Assistant - Marketing, Communications and Philanthropy is responsible for a wide range of executive level administrative support ranging from the coordination of information flow within their department, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of senior level administrative services and providing support and direction on appropriate courses of action to managers that report to the Vice President, Marketing, Communications and Philanthropy.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on business matters and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Ensures smooth communication between the VP's Office, members of the Board of Directors and Committees, as well as internal/external stakeholders, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff and other colleagues.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data or information that supports departmental activities
- Maintains the VP's calendar ensuring effective prioritization and preparation of required information while working collaboratively with key internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepares documentation and correspondence, agendas and reports and gathers background materials.
- Schedules Board Committee meetings, prepares meeting packages, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, communicates committee decisions, and initiates and/or completes any required follow up.
- Provides support and works closely with the Manager Corporate Affairs to ensure that materials for Board meetings from the respective Board Committees are received in a timely manner
- Coordinates travel for the VP including preparation of materials for meetings (i.e. presentations, documentation, logistics, etc).
- Ensures an up to date records systems both digital and paper.
- Prepares and reviews expense reports and reconciliations.
- Supports departmental budget activities.
- Provides administrative support to the senior manager team as required, including event management and administrative duties.
- Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work.
- Undertakes special project assignments as required.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Interacts frequently with the leadership team to obtain and provide confidential information.
- Interacts with members of the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Interact with cross functional team to ensure smooth communication.
- Interacts and obtains information from senior level external stakeholders to ensure meeting progress toward department goals.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in an executive assistant capacity in a fast-paced office setting.
- Demonstrated experience writing reports, correspondences and other communication pieces.
- Experience working in a health care environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong aptitude to learn and use computer applications and software as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a consistent professional manner with both internal staff and external stakeholders and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed.
- Able and willing to embrace change and effectively manage stresses of a busy office environment.
- Ability to attend off-site meetings as required.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields