- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least two years of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required;
- At least four years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and effective, open communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership skills in coaching and mentoring the nursing team
- Ability to work well in ambiguous situations and ‘roll-up’ the sleeves as deemed necessary
- Diplomatic and able to work under pressure, while keeping a resident centered approach
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts
- Strong human relations skills, able to adapt to the changing environment in LTC
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of management
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields