We are currently seeking a Temporary Full time to join our team at the Village of Pinehaven located in Waterloo, Ontario. You will join our team work approximately 75 hours bi-weekly.
- Agrees with the objectives and philosophy of the Village and displays a caring, respectful attitude toward the residents, families, and team members
- Supports and embraces a resident-centered social culture
- Valid Restroative Certificate that meets the vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities, the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
- Works well independently and as a co-operative team member
- Communicates effectively with others
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possesses exemplary customer service skills
- Demonstrates skill with computers (PointClickCare, MS Word, internet, and office equipment)
- Sound knowledge of lift and transfer skills
- Committed to supporting residents with a high quality of personal care
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
The Restorative Care Aide acts as an advocate for residents living in Long Term Care and supports resident-centered care. A RCA works as part of an interdisciplinary team to support residents holistically and to advocate for residents to actively participate in making decisions. RCA assist the resident with all activities of daily living. They support residents with personal hygiene care, basic nursing care, and assistance in the dining room. The RCA observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
The positions are ‘people intensive’, with a substantial component of the job involving fostering exemplary resident/family relations, and providing the highest level of customer service possible, with a concentration on flexible living and quality of life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields