As a Recreation Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Participating in the development and revision of departmental procedures and programs under the guidance of the Team Leader.
- Setting up the activity area as necessary and assisting in transporting residents to and from programs, if required.
- Assisting in monitoring the residents' interests, needs and progress.
- Maintaining program and resident records according to departmental policies. Regularly reports participation and feedback by residents to the Team Leader.
- Promoting social interaction among residents by assuming leadership of assigned activities or special events, assists new residents with orientation to the building and to the recreation program, and introduces them to the others within the residence and promoting conversation and social interaction among residents.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Certificate in recreation/leisure studies or equivalent.
- Experience in working with seniors including an understanding of motivation concepts with seniors.
- Understanding of leisure principles.
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license. (Class F, or provincial equivalent, if you need to drive a bus).
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields